The cost of an initial visit is $150.00 paid at the time of scheduling. This includes a complete history and physical and plan of care. This visit may be to establish care or complete physical forms needed for employment, assisted living or nursing home placement.
For people who wish to become an enrolled patient for continued services, the fee is $75.00 per month. This includes all physician consultation. The only separate fees are for procedures, for which there is a small charge to cover the cost of supplies.
Benefits of practice enrollment
Benefits of practice enrollment include:
- Priority appointment scheduling with openings usually available the same or next business day for urgent needs
- Access to physician consultation by phone or e-mail between visits
- Access to some medications at deep discount through wholesale pharmacy Andameds
- Access to discounted lab services through LabCorp
- Specialist case reviews for medical advice from over 100 medical specialties through RubiconMD at no cost
- Courtesy visits while you are in the hospital to help coordinate care with your hospital care team
- Home visits for homebound elders within the 285 perimeter.
- Coordination of care with home health and assisted living staff when needed
Consult Visits for Non-Enrolled Patients
Elders who wish for a single visit for geriatric medicine consultation may schedule an appointment for the flat fee of $150.00. After the initial visit, some people choose to be seen as needed and pay per visit. The per-visit fee for non-enrolled patients is $150. Patients accessing care via fee-for-service are required to come in to clinic for a face to face visit for medical care.
The fees for direct primary care are paid directly by you, the patient. If you have a private insurance policy you are given a "superbill" receipt to submit to your insurance policy. They may reimburse all or part of the cost of out-of-network care, depending on your plan. You may wish to call your insurance before your visit to check on reimbursement of office visit fees, or labs & tests ordered by a direct care MD. If your insurance only covers labs or testing ordered by their preferred providers, we do have access to low cash pay rates for labs, medications and some medical testing often cheaper than the insurance based rate.
Can I use my Medicare?
No, Medicare does not reimburse the cost of direct care and claims may not be submitted. Most patients enrolled in EldercareMD services are medicare patients. They find that enhanced access to the physician helps reduce unnecessary use of urgent and emergent care so they ultimately spend less on healthcare overall. Although the physician fee is separate from Medicare, all orders for lab, imaging, therapy and specialist care are covered per usual Medicare criteria. The only extra fee Medicare patients incur is the $150 initial visit and $75 monthly fee.